Selling a home can be a tough task, and in the real estate industry, everything that can make that job easier is welcome.
In Mackay, the housing market is growing, and real estate agents here have a lot of opportunities. However, selling a home always comes with challenges.
How do you wow and impress customers before they’ve ever seen your property? Making the home you’re selling stand out from all the others is crucial if you want to make a sale.
One of the best ways to do this is with a professional set of photographs.
Photographs are an essential part of real estate. Customers want to take a look at homes before they decide to view them, and images play a vital role in our decision-making processes. The difference between amateur, unflattering photos, and a persuasive and slick collection of images can be all you need to make that sale.
In this article, we’ll look at some of the main reasons to consider professional real estate photography, and how to ensure you work with the best person for the job.
Why You Should Consider Professional Real Estate Photography
- Your properties will stand out from the crowd, capture the attention of your potential buyers, and increase the possibility of making a sale. Buyers are combing through dozens of potential properties — it’s critical that you do something to set yours apart.
- More photos provide your customers with more information. The more info they have, the more likely they will be to consider your property, as you’re giving them everything they need to make an informed decision. People like to think visually, and a set of clear, detailed photos can often be all it takes to book a viewing.
- You may be able to charge more. Good looking photos help increase the prestige of your listing, making it look more attractive and encouraging customers to make higher offers.
- Photos are proven to sell homes faster. In a 2017 study, homes with one photo spent an average of 70 days on the market, while a home with 20 photos spent just 32 days up for sale.
- When it comes to real estate photos, quality matters, too. Research shows that homes with higher quality photos sold 32% faster. The difference between a professional photo and a sub-standard one is significant.
- It allows you to present your homes in the best possible light, highlighting what makes them exceptional and attractive
- Your photos can be used across a wide range of channels, including social media posts, blog articles, your website, brochures, and all kinds of other platforms
- It saves you time and stress. Let a professional worry about the task of taking and organizing your photos while you focus on other tasks
- With photos taken by a professional, you can add an extra splash of identity and distinction to your photos, truly capturing the essence of what your property is all about
What to Look for in a Real Estate Photographer
In order to get all the above benefits, you’ll need to spend some time finding the right photographer for the job. Here are some tips for what to look for:
- They’ll get to know you and your goals. This way, they can tailor their photographs to your specific needs, giving you perfectly adapted photographs instead of cookie-cutter, generic ones.
- They can create distinctive photos that stand out from the rest, finding a way to highlight what makes your property unique and amazing
- They match up with your brand, portfolio, and goals. The best photographer for someone else’s project might not be a perfect fit for yours.
- They understand business and specifically real estate. This way they can ensure the photos they take work to further your goals and align with the requirements and rules of the industry
- They pay attention to detail. This is important in real estate photography — ensuring everything is as it should be and nothing is damaging the overall vibe of the photo.
- I’ve been helping my clients in real estate sell properties with the power of photos for years. I know what separates a compelling, effective set of real estate photos from a useless collection of generic ones. It’s my job to help you sell your homes and reach your goals with the power of photography.
If you’re interested in working together, get in touch.