Photos, and other images, are a crucial part of branding.
High-quality, professional photos can have a huge impact when it comes to making your entire company appear more trustworthy and slick. They can be used across multiple channels to create a distinctive look for your brand and express the personality of your business.
To get these photos, it’s always best to use a good corporate photographer. You don’t want to look like an amateur business, so why would you use amateur photography?
In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the main reasons why you should be using professional corporate photographs, and how to find the right photographer.
Different Types of Corporate Photographs
Let’s start by looking at some of the main types of photographs your business might use.
- Headshots and portraits — these help capture the faces of you and your team, and can be used across a whole range of channels
- Group photos, showing your visitors and followers your team in one group. These can also be used to show your customers and clients.
- Action shots, showing your business doing what it does best, with the focus on the activity and event and not the people
- Photos of facilities and premises, allowing your viewers to take a peek at what your business looks like ahead of showing up
- Photos of products to showcase what you offer and highlight benefits
Why Use Corporate Photographs?
- They help showcase your brand and facilities. This is good news for all companies, but especially for those who welcome customers onto their premises — like bars, restaurants, gyms, and hotels. Well-done photos reassure your future patrons that they can expect a welcoming atmosphere that matches their expectations.
- You can use your images on a range of channels. Social media, blogs, and emails are just a few examples. Research shows that articles with relevant images get 94% more views than ones without, and images on Facebook get 352% more engagement than text-only posts. Images can also play a role in SEO, helping boost your content higher in search engine results.
- Professionally-taken photos give your brand a slicker and more trustworthy appearance. It looks like you’ve invested in your company, and makes you seem like someone who takes their services seriously. It’s an opportunity to make a great first impression on your customers.
- Photos help give a more personal feel to your company. They put faces to names, and images to words, making your website visitors and followers feel more connected to you on a personal level.
- They help you achieve a consistent brand look. Photos can help ensure you keep the same look and visual vibe across all your materials, building a cohesive and memorable brand.
- You’ll stand out from competitors. Many websites and companies now rely solely on stock photos and basic, uninspiring images. By using your own professional photos, you’ll stand out and rise above the competition.
What to Look for in a Corporate Photographer
The only reliable way to get good photos for your business is to invest in a professional corporate photographer. It’s important to find the right person, someone who you’ll be able to work with and who will help you achieve what you want. Here’s what to look for:
- A solid understanding of business and how their photos will tie into your own professional goals. Simply being able to take photos isn’t enough, you should work with a photographer who understands how your images will be used and how to create exactly the right ones to achieve that purpose.
- Someone who is keen to get to know you, your brand, your team, your customers, and all the other relevant details. This is the only way they’ll be able to truly express the heart of your company in photos, and the only way they’ll create photos that help you hit your goals.
- Someone with experience doing the same for other businesses. If your photographer can show some ways they have helped other companies achieve similar goals to yours, this is a big plus.
I’ve been taking photographs for businesses in Mackay, Airlie Beach, the Whitsundays, and other surrounding areas for nearly a decade.
I know how to help businesses capture their brand in a way that expresses what they’re about and connects with potential customers. I always start by getting to know my clients and figuring out exactly how my photos can help them reach their goals.
To find out how I can do the same for you, get in touch.